What Personal Information We Collect
We collect various personal information regarding you or your device. This includes the following:
- Information you provide to create an Account, specifically your name and email address.
- The emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as support inquiries.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys, contests, or promotions.
- Information from your use of the Services, which includes: IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to this Site, information about your browser, network or device, and information about how you interact with the Services (such as timestamps, clicks, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, and load times).
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We obtain personal information from various sources. We do this in two main ways:
- You provide some of it directly.
- We record some of it automatically when you use the Services.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
When you use the Services, we collect information from you in a number of ways. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. For example, we ask you to provide your name and email address to register and manage your Account. We also maintain the emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as support inquiries. You might also provide us with information in other ways, including by responding to surveys, submitting a form, or participating in contests or similar promotions.
If you make a purchase on this Site, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, payment card information, and contact information. Our current Payment Processors are Stripe and PayPal. Stripe and PayPal use and process your complete payment information in accordance with their respective policies. For your security, we do not hold or store your card details on this Site.
Sometimes we require you to provide us with information for contractual or legal reasons. We will normally let you know when information is required, and the consequences of failing to provide it. If you do not provide personal information when requested, you may not be able to use the Services if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect it.
Information Obtained from Your Use of the Services
When you use the Services, we collect information about your activity on and interaction with the Services, such as your IP addresses, your device and browser type, the web page you visited before coming to this Site, what pages on this Site you visit and for how long, and identifiers associated with your devices. If you have given us permission through your device settings, we may collect your location information. We use this data to evaluate, provide, protect, or improve the Services.
Some of this information is collected automatically using cookies and similar technologies when you use the Services. Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your browser when you visit a site. They serve a variety of functions, like enabling us to remember certain information you provide to us as you navigate between pages on the Services. Some of this information is similarly collected automatically through your browser or from your device. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Create and manage your Account, provide and personalize the Services, process payments, and respond to your inquiries.
- Communicate with you by sending you emails about your transactions and Service-related announcements.
- Administer surveys, contests, and other promotions.
- Promote the Services by sending you tailored communications about our products, services, offers, programs, and promotions.
- Analyze and learn about how the Services are accessed and used.
- Ensure the security and integrity of the Services.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and other legal policies.
- Protect our and others’ interests, rights, and property.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts, and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way.
- We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information, particularly in the following cases: (i) to operate our business and provide you with tailored communications; (ii) to analyze and improve the safety and security of the Services by implementing security measures against fraud, spam, and abuse; (iii) to provide and improve the Services, including any personalized services; and (iv) to anonymize and subsequently use anonymized information.
- We need to protect your vital interests, or those of others.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We do not sell our Users’ private personal information. We share personal information in the following ways and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- We share personal information with our affiliates when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyze and improve the services we or they provide.
- We may share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, send marketing and other communications on our behalf, assist with data storage, process your payment information, and help us understand and enhance the Services.
- We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our Payment Processor.
- We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests (such as enforcing our Terms and Conditions), or prevent fraud or abuse of Codeberry or our Users. In particular, we may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of some or all of our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that deal.
Your Rights and Choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change, or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change, or delete personal information either directly in your Account or by contacting us to request the required changes. You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by changing your preferences in your Account or by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We also will retain personal information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information or to exercise a right to data portability under applicable law. You also may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law. If you are subject to the EU data protection laws, we suggest you lodge any such complaints with a supervisory authority in the place of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
Additionally, if we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We maintain administrative and technical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in our possession. We employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
How We Retain Your Personal Information
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymized, and other relevant criteria. For example, the period we keep your email address is connected to how long your Account is active, while the period for which we keep a support message is based on how long has passed since the last submission.
Please note that in the course of providing the Services, we collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized, or de-personalized information which we may retain indefinitely.
Personal information that you submit through the Services may be transferred to countries other than where you live, such as, for example, to our servers in the US. We also store personal information locally on the devices you use to access the Services. Your personal information may be transferred to countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
If you use third-party plugins, extensions that enable services provided by third parties, or other third-party software, you may provide personal information to those third parties. These third parties may have their own terms and policies, and your use of their products will be governed by those terms and policies. We do not own or control these third parties and we are not liable for any transaction you may enter into with them, or for what they do.